- Frown Lines (between the eyes and forehead)
- Forehead Lines
- Crows Feet
- Advanced wrinkle smoothing
How does it work?
Over time the continuous action of frowning or squinting will leave the overlying skin lined and creased. Botulinum Toxin (Botox) is a purified protein that blocks the signals that the brain sends to the muscles. This prevents the muscles from contracting and means that when your facial expression changes the overlying skin appears smoother and unwrinkled. It’s important to only treat specific facial muscles in the face, as untreated muscles work as normal allowing a normal and natural range of expression.
What is the Treatment Procedure?
A range of expressions will be cycled through a number of times to calculate the correct injection sites. These will be marked up before the medication is injected very precisely using a disposable micro needle. The number of injection sites are dependent on which areas are being treated.
How long does the treatment last?
The treatment will take around 15 minutes to be completed. The full effects of the treatment will be clearly visible in under 2 weeks of the treatment and the effects last around 3 months depending on skin condition, lifestyle and the area treated.
Who cannot receive the treatment?
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Anyone with a history of anaphylactic shock
- If laser treatment or chemical skin peels have been carried out 6 weeks prior
- The presence of implants close to the region to be injected
- Local infection at, or close to the injection site
What are the Potential Side Effects?
- Slight bruising or swelling to the injected area
- Some discomfort upon pressure at the injection site
- Potential discolouration at the injection site
- There is a very small risk of infection at the injection site.
- A rare side effect is drooping of the eyebrows or eyelids.
Wrinkle Smoothing costs from £220 per area at any Pretty Machine clinic. Email us to book your free consultation, either in our luxurious flagship clinic in Huddersfield, Leeds, Harley Street in London or Birmingham.